Wednesday, June 15, 2011

DAY FIVE: GREECE GREECE GREECE

The day has finally arrived...I am in Greece living it up. So after I finished my blog at 2:30 in the morning, I was way to anxious to go to sleep. Considering we had to wake up at 4 AM to get ready, I rationally decided to stay up. We loaded up onto the bus at around 5 in the morning and headed for our 2.5 hour drive to the airport in Rome. I attempted to sleep in the bus, but that failed due to my anxiety and the driver's heavy foot. We waited in the Rome airport for about an hour and a half, then we finally loaded the plane that would take us to Athens!! Naturally, I got seated next to La Madeline and let me tell you, she was OUT. 


While we were on our final descent, finally I was blown away by the view from the sky. I even got to see the marble that was used to create the Statue of David!! It was absolutely insane. Once we arrived in Athens, we quickly got onto the bus that would take us to Delphi. Let me tell you, this 3 hour ride was not a piece of cake, but it became better when we finally got to see the Lizzie McGuire Movie [a little late don't you think]. We finally got to our destination--Hotel Kouros--and it is adorable. 


I learned a new word!!

The toilet for one thing is not in the shower and the room even had air conditioning!! I am rooming with Madds and Caro and let me just say wow. ahhaha right now we are watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith...very national geographic right?? We relaxed in officially my favorite hotel as of right now for about 45 minutes, then headed out to get some chow!!





So all that I had to eat by then was some oreos, cashews, a fruit cup, and a sprite, so you could only imagine how hungry I was. I ordered a yummy chicken cabob with some rice and fries and even though I got sick, it was still worth it. The cheese cake was even better...BEST THING EVER. We returned to the hotel and watched the lunar eclipse, which is when the moon turns red and it was soooo pretty. 



sunset from the restaurant we ate at!! i love Delphi




This day has been extremely long, but on the plus side, I get to sleep in tomorrow!! Woot woot!! First day of Greeceeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment